ZENJIRO Sencha Mino Shirakwa 50g
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding product to your cart
ZENJIRO's recommended Sencha.
Cultivated in Japan's highest altitude tea plantations, and farmers have preserved the tea plantations and continued their traditions for 600 years, even in difficult conditions on steep slopes. The finest tea leaves from Mino Shirakawa, which is a rare high-class tea that is also called natural gyokuro and has a low production volume, are carefully made into sencha.
- The characteristic is that the two components, theanine, which is a delicious ingredient contained in high-quality tea leaves, and catechin, which is an astringent ingredient, are well-balanced and you can feel the rich flavor.
- The reason for this is that it is nearly twice as high as other tea producing areas. Due to the large temperature difference during the day, the amino acid theanine is not used for growth at night and is stored in tea leaves. In addition, the river fog rising from the foot of the mountain blocks the sunlight moderately, softening the tea leaves and suppressing the production of excess catechins.
- Theanine is a typical ingredient of high-class tea, which promotes alpha waves and has a relaxing effect, and at the same time, enhances autoimmunity.
- Catechin, which is common to all Japanese teas, has antioxidant properties, keeps youthful cells, and is also effective for dieting due to its lipolytic effect.
- Brew 2g (1 teaspoon) of tea leaves in hot water below 60 ° C. Cold water extraction is recommended if possible. This is because the umami theanine is extracted better at lower temperatures. The amino acid theanine is not decomposed even if it is heated again after extracting the umami. So even if it takes time, you can reheat it when you enjoy warm sencha with plenty of umami.
- Sencha can be used not only as straight tea but also in various applications. It can be with milk, or applied to herbal green tea such as mint, lemon balm, dill and rosemary, spice green tea such as ginger and cardamom, and chocolate flavored green tea.
This product is a JAS organic certified product. JAS Organic is guaranteed to be equivalent to the organic standards of US USDA and European Euroleaf, but this product only displays the JAS Organic Mark.
For Japanese tea, oxidation is a risk and the taste changes. After opening, fold the opened part of the aluminum tea bag to remove air sufficiently, and then stop it with rubber or a stopper. It can prevent oxidation rather than transferring it to a can.