IMPORTANT! If you’re a store owner, please make sure you have Customer accounts enabled in your Store Admin, as you have customer based locks set up with EasyLockdown app. Enable Customer Accounts
ZENJIRO Matcha Mino Shirakawa 50g
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Sale Sold out
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
Adding product to your cart
Cultivated in Japan's highest altitude tea plantations, farmers have maintained their traditions for 600 years, even under difficult conditions on steep slopes. This high-quality tea leaf from Mino Shirakawa, which is produced in small quantities, is carefully made into ceremonial grade matcha.
- High-quality tea leaves cultivated based on GAP(Good Agricultural Practices) standards are made into theanine-rich Matcha.
- The characteristic is that the two components, theanine, which is a delicious ingredient contained in high-quality tea leaves, and catechin, which is an astringent ingredient, are well-balanced and you can feel the rich flavor.
- The reason why ZEN JIRO Matcha is special is because it is the highest tea plantation in Japan. Tea leaves grow in the best soils, the temperature difference during the day accumulates theanine in the tea leaves, and the fog moderately blocks sunlight to maintain the best balance of catechins.
- As opposed to low and flat plantation area matcha, which are artificially shut out from the sunlight by kanreisha (cheesecloth) before harvesting, the color of matcha powder of mountain area is light green, due to decrease of chlorophyll. This is because their tea plants are naturally grown in the open air from the start to the end.
- Brew matcha powder of 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) with pouring 200ml boiled water and stir up well. Good pair with milk, in latte, au lait. It is also popular as a material for smoothie, cakes and ice cream. It can be used for practicing the Japanese tea ceremony as ceremonial grade.
- For storage, close the pouch with a zipper and keep it in a cool place. A pouch bag with a 5-layer structure made in Japan, which is ideal for preventing oxidation, is used for the package. The package is a convenient stand-type bag.
For Japanese tea, oxidation is a risk and the taste changes. After opening, fold the opened part of the aluminum tea bag to remove air sufficiently, and then stop it with rubber or a stopper. It can prevent oxidation rather than transferring it to a can.
“ZENJIRO” is a Japanese brand that earnestly contributes to the physical and mental health and beauty of people around the world through Japanese natural tea leaves.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device